1.01.2009

This happens all the time

So, while linksurfing, I came upon The Slow Down.
Slow Down is a sound recorded on May 19, 1997, in the Equatorial Pacific ocean by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. The source of the sound remains unknown.
Now, most people are familiar with the Bloop (50° 0′ 0″ S, 100° 0′ 0″ W), since it got some decent publicity. A lot of fan-boys said it was R'lyeh, it's been used as a promotion for Cloverfield, etc.
Well, I looked at where the Slow Down was pinpointed (15° 0′ 0″ S, 115° 0′ 0″ W ). 

Now back in 1992, I was fresh off Magick in Theory and Practice,  and all-ready to open my mind up to whatever wanted to sign it out for  a while. If there had been any good books about Austin Osmond Spare at the time, I probably wouldn't have tried automatic writing as the method of communication.

So, I sat down with a paper and pencil, relaxed, put on some Talking Heads, and waited for things to start out.
By the time Side B of Stop Making Sense kicked in, I woke back up. I had drawn on three sheets of paper. The first was an angular hand, holding a brazier in three fingers, standing in a cavern, surrounded by hooded figures. The second was a mass of scratches, and numbers in the middle of it. Being one year sort of the internet, I tried plugging the numbers in the Map application (Damn you System 7. I might not have realized otherwise.) Somewhere off South America. 

The third was an Illustration of Zoth-Ommog, and some co-ordinates in Germany. Completely Meaningless.